Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Changing Relationships inside the Family
Thinking about this, and trying to find a good way to put it really hard, but I think I've found it. "I might have preferred him to be always the stronger, the one who carries me". In this quote two things are recognized. One, the fact that Manning wants his dad to be the one that protects the family. Manning doesn't want to feel as if he was the man of the house. He didn't want to take over his dads role. Second, Manning wants to be a kid, he want to be the one being carried by his dads arms. He wants his dad to keep the family safe once again. This stuck out to me because no matter how much stronger I am than my dad I want him to have the role of protecting the family. One reason for that being is because I am the child, it is not my place to try an protect the family, but if I had to I would with my life. I want my dad to carry me and tell me that I can keep going, and giving me the motivation I need to strive for greater things in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I made the same conclusions upon the reading. Family relationships are the most important.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Family relationships are important.
ReplyDelete