Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Didnt work the way i wanted

Okay you guys, deer season came in this past weekend, and I did not get to go opening day. I was kind of disappointed. So the next day, which was a Sunday, I went that morning and at about 8:30 I decided to get comfortable and take a nap. Well, I was asleep for 30 minutes, and I was woken up by loud rustling. I leaned forward and turned around, there were three deer behind me. First i had to pull my mask down, and then I was just hoping that I did not spook them. Luckily I didn't spook them and they came within rock throwing distance of me. When the bigger doe stepped out into road, I drew my bow back, and with the deer still in rock throwing distance, I shot, and it was a complete pass-through on the deer. Me and my dad tracked blood for 100 yards and never found the deer. This is what i'm saying; wait til gun season because when you shoot a deer then they don't go as far. Bow season is a great challenge for those who love one, but for people that don't like looking for deer after they shoot, wait til gun season. Bow season doesn't always work the way you want it to.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I didnt get to go opening day either! Me and my cousin went a couple days after to look for a big 8 point but only saw a bunch of hogs and I almost got close enough to get one with my knife but stepped on a twig and scared them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I didnt get to go opening day either! Me and my cousin went a couple days after to look for a big 8 point but only saw a bunch of hogs and I almost got close enough to get one with my knife but stepped on a twig and scared them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, gotta be careful with them hogs man, they will run over you.

    ReplyDelete